Sunday, January 8, 2012

Review - Gore #2

Gore #2 by GG Studios. Written by Alex Crippa. Drawn by Emilio Laiso. $2.99.

First off, the girl on the cover of issue two is the "evil" version of Cinderella. Like I said in issue one, the art is worth getting this title alone.

With that being said, I am glad I was right. In this issue the story seems to come together better. Less "setting the stage" and more telling a story, and it is getting better.

Cinderella is one brutal bitch in this comic, and that is being nice. She calls rats to eat a girl alive after she had cut off the head of her boyfriend and cut off her feet. Definitely not the Cinderella I remember.

The author is getting in his stride and doing a good job at developing the characters in this second installment. If he keeps this up, but the time the series is over he will have a pretty unique story.

The artist once again shines in the title, bringing the "evil" storybook characters to life. The action and panel structure is really thought out and makes the story flow much better than in the first issue.

Seeing as how I really liked the art style of this book, I'm glad that the story has caught up to the art. That is not to say it is still the best thing I have read, but it is getting better.






originally posted by contributor AnOriginalDick

No comments:

Post a Comment