Saturday, January 7, 2012

Review - Witchdoctor #0



Witch Doctor By Image Comics. Written by Brandon Seifert and Drawn by Lukas Ketner.

This doctor is not your living in a hut, jumping around spitting vodka over you face Witch Doctor, I can tell you that.

The first thing I noticed about the comic as a whole, was its intellectual side. The story is very well written, but in some cases almost too well. The terms and vocabulary used is like a doctors dictionary of sorts and might be hard to grasp for those of us that have no clue what he is talking about. Maybe the old "definition box" at the bottom might help. Other than that, it was a very enjoyable read.

I love when the character Penny Dreadful asks Dr. Vincent Morrow "Does he sparkle?" and he replies, "On a sunny day he burns like white phosphorous. That's....like sparkling." Made me laugh my ass off, knowing that the writer is a man after my own heart.

The art, setting and tools are fascinating and well thought out. The design of the syringe alone is worth checking out this book and I can't wait to see the other paraphernalia these guys come up with.

The writing is new and unique and the art brings new meaning to the horror genre. It is definitely a comic any horror fan should check out.



No comments:

Post a Comment